Click for Video
When you think of holidays past, what do you cherish most? For many of us it’s not the pile of plastic and tinsel and leftover food. Instead we often remember and cherish time spent with friends and family…the spirit of the season.
This year, why not do something a little different to make holiday memories and reduce waste by giving a gift of experience, using creative wrapping techniques or creating new traditions.
('Make Memories, Not Garbage' concept and creative courtesy Metro Vancouver)
Here are a few tips to help you reduce waste this year:
• Share an EXPERIENCE with someone by giving theatre or sports tickets, take up a hobby together, dinner out or even dance lessons.
• Give GIFTS THAT LAST such as a game, camping gear, family portrait, DIY kits or cast iron cookware.
• MAKE YOUR OWN gifts. Create a recipe book, bake some goodies or make homemade jewelry.
• Shop for SECOND-HAND GIFTS and give something a new life. Pass along family heirlooms or your favourite book. Shop for antiques or other one-of-a-kind gifts.
For a full list of great gift giving, creative wrapping tips, and create your own custom coupon for that unique experience gift visit Metro Vancouver’s Website
* Make Memories, Not Garbage concept and creative courtesy of Metro Vancouver