Tag a Bags Update During COVID-19 - March 24, 2020
Curbside tag-a-bag service for extra garbage is being suspended at this time to cut down on the amount of waste that collection personnel have to manually handle.
Only those currently waiting for delivery of new or replacement carts will be allowed to continue placing additional tag-a-bag garbage or bagged recycling curbside.
Residents can place up to two (2) additional bags of garbage out each week beside their curbside cart as long as each bag has a Tag-a-bag sticker attached.
Tag-a-bag stickers can be purchased at various locations across the region for $2.50 each.
Tag-a-bag Purchase Locations
- Regional District Residents (Central Okanagan East and Central Okanagan West Electoral areas including Ellison, Joe Rich, June Springs, South Lakeshore Road, North Westside Road, Trader's Cove, Wilson's Landing, Trepanier Valley, Brent Road)
Up to two additional garbage bags/containers will be collected provided they are tagged with tag-a-bag stickers.
- Regional District Office: 1450 KLO Road (250) 763-4918
- Westside Residential Waste Disposal and Recycling Centre: 2640 Asquith Road, off Shannon Lake Road - Open Friday-Monday 7:30 am - 3:50 pm
- Sugar Loaf Transfer Station (serving the North Westside Road area) - turn from Westside Road onto Sugarloaf Mountain/Whiteman Creek Forest Service Road and follow the direction signs
- City of West Kelowna
- City of West Kelowna office: 2760 Cameron Road, Kelowna (778) 797-8840
- City of Kelowna Residents
- Peachland Residents
- Lake Country Residents
- Lake Country Municipal Office: 10150 Bottom Wood Lake Road (250) 766-5650