Located along the Sugarloaf Mountain/Whiteman Creek Forest Service Road off Westside Road approximately 3.2 kms past Udell Road in Killiney Beach.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday - 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday
- Bulky Collection Events - The North Westside Transfer Station hosts one Bulky Item Collection Event in late spring and another one in the fall. During these week long events, residents with valid ID cards can dispose of large household items for a minimal cost.
- This Fall’s Bulky Collection event will be held from Wednesday October 7 until Wednesday October 14 during the North Westside Transfer Station regular operating hours. For More info view Media Release or the Event Poster, email email@example.com or call the Regional Waste Reduction Office for more information at 250.469.6250.
- Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Collection – The North Westside Road Transfer Station hosts one Hazardous Waste & Electronic Waste collection event a year, usually in July. During this one day only event, residents have the opportunity to dispose of their unwanted hazardous waste.
- This summer’s Hazardous Waste Collection event will take place Saturday July 25 during Transfer Station regular operating hours. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Regional Waste Reduction Office for more info at 250.469.6250. View Event Poster
How to Use the Transfer Station
- ID cards are required
- Cards can be obtained from the site manager during operation hours
- ID cards are issued annually
- Lost ID cards can be replaced at a cost of $5
(Please separate into appropriate bins) (see depot guide
for all accepted items)
Paper & Cardboard (flattened)
Containers (plastic, tin, aluminum, aerosol cans, milk cartons, paper cups etc)
Other Flexible Plastic Packaging (starting Jan. 1, 2019)
Shrub and tree trimmings up to 1 m (39 inch) long and up to 20 cm (8 inch diameter, max. load of 250 kg)
10 bags or one pick up load
No construction waste, rocks, plastic bags, kitchen scraps, metal, animal waste, sod, stumps
Up to 2 bags per household per week
No construction waste
Yard and garden waste and recyclables are not permitted in garbage