What We Do
Our 9-1-1 program is our emergency connection to police, fire and/or ambulance.
9-1-1 is for police, fire or medical emergencies when immediate action is required: someone's health, safety or property is in jeopardy or a crime is in progress.
The Regional District of Central Okanagan administers the 9-1-1 Public Safety Answer Point (PSAP) program on behalf of our Central Okanagan communities as well as eight other regional districts in the Central and Southern Interior. Our 9-1-1 service is contracted to E-Comm, the largest 9-1-1 centre in British Columbia. E-Comm is where our initial 9-1-1 call is received.
• E-Comm’s 9-1-1 call-takers are highly trained, dedicated professionals.
• Calls from the Central Okanagan are initially answered by an operator at E-Comm, then the call is transferred to the appropriate local public safety agency:
- Regional Fire Dispatch Centre (Kelowna)
- BC Ambulance Service Dispatch in Kamloops
- RCMP located within the Southeast District RCMP Operational Communications Centre in Kelowna
• Find out more about how 9-1-1 works and when to call 9-1-1 at www.ecomm911.ca.
How to Reach Us
Phone: (250) 470-6212
Fax: (250) 470-6348
Address: 1450 KLO Road, Kelowna, BC, V1W 3Z4
Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday to Friday
For More Information: E Comm website
Public Education and 9-1-1 Awareness
Specialized 9-1-1 Text Service Available for Deaf and Speech Impaired Residents