The Central Okanagan Regional District strives to provide a safe environment for all citizens. This effort requires considerable involvement from residents, as they have a role to play in making sure their streets and neighborhoods are safe. In that regard, a number of Police Services programs are offered through the Regional District.
- Crime Prevention Program involves hundreds of volunteers who are working to make our region a safer place in which to live, work and play.
- Victim Services is also a Regional District service involving trained staff and volunteers who are there to support and counsel those who find themselves victimized by criminal activity.
- Crime Stoppers program gives citizens an opportunity to anonymously report information on criminal activity for RCMP investigation.
- Initial 9-1-1 call answering service, is provided region-wide so that anyone needing police, fire or ambulance services in the Central Okanagan can get the help they need by dialing one number.
- The False Alarm Reduction program requires the registration of all residential and commercial alarm system, whether they are monitored or not.
The District is also responsible for the Regional Emergency Response Plan, which sees participants from Peachland to Lake Country regularly practice their response to various emergency situations. Their expertise and efforts have been used during floods and forest fires that have threatened our communities in the past.
The program provides an online website which will have up to date information from the Emergency Operation Centre, when activated. You can also subscribe to receive e-notices when information is updated during any emergency. Visit www.cordemergency.ca.
For more information on each of our services, please click on the menu buttons to the left.