- Access from Upper Smith Creek Road above Copper Ridge Drive closed weekdays 7am - 5pm until at least May 29 for subdivision approved work by the City of West Kelowna. Upper Smith Creek Road will still be open evenings and weekends, including remaining open Victoria Day, Monday May 18, to ensure recreationalists can enjoy the popular trails outside of construction hours.
- Gellatly Road parking area through trail to first staircase closed due to high water. No other portion of the park is affected. View News Release
- Section in the northern portion of the park closed behind Webber and McGregor roads affecting Upper Glen Canyon Trail due to slope instability.
Glen Canyon Regional Park is located in the City of West Kelowna. The 75-hectare park boasts variety of experiences in the natural environment from easy walks to more challenging stairs and terrains. The trail is not yet continuous, please respect private property.
- Unique geological features such as stone columns and hoodoos
- Trails follow the pristine Powers Creek
- Stairs, bridges and crib steps
- Motorized vehicles, overnight camping, open fires, and smoking are not permitted.
- Please use and properly dispose of garbage or pet waste in containers provided or at home.
- Bears may be active in this park – be prepared with our Wildlife in Regional Parks brochure.
- During spring runoff, please keep people and pets away from the creek banks and edge as water may rise unexpectedly and banks may be slippery.
Dogs are welcome on-leash along trails and pathways. Please pickup and properly dispose of pet waste in containers provided or take home.
January 1 – February 28 6 am to 6 pm
March 1 – May 31 6 am to 9 pm
June 1 – August 31 6 am to 11 pm
September 1 – October 14 6 am to 9 pm
October 15 – December 31 6 am to 6 pm
Historical sites include the Constable Neil Bruce Memorial at the Aberdeen Road entrance and an old irrigation flume system starting at the Blue Jay Road entrance to the park. View Video on the 2012 Fuel Modification Project.
There are accesses to Glen Canyon Regional Park at Blue Jay, Glenrosa, Brown and Gellatly Roads in the City of West Kelowna.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events