Parks are open daily for the benefit and enjoyment of all park users; however, there are certain activities within the parks that can be booked for private uses by applying for a Park Use Permit for Special Use.
Picnic Shelters - (must be booked 2 weeks in advance)
Park Use Permit - (application forms must be submitted 6 weeks prior to event)
Special Event Permits - (application forms must be submitted 6 weeks prior to event)
- Not-for-profit fundraisers, races and runs only
- Maximum of 4 hours in duration
- Maximum of 500 patrons
- Application is required for all Special Event Permits
- To book a Special Event Permit, a fully completed Special Event Permit Application Form must be submitted six weeks prior to the event date for staff approval
Weddings - (appliction forms must be submitted 6 weeks prior to event)
- Bookable in:
- Bertram Creek Regional Park– Amphitheatre
- Kopje Regional Park - front lawn area of Gibson Heritage House
- Bookable only in the months of April, May, September, and October
- Maximum of 75 people
- $250.00 fee plus $300.00 deposit per permit (plus $25.00 administration fee)
- To book a wedding, a fully completed Wedding Permit Application Form must be submitted six weeks prior to the wedding for staff approval
For additional information/questions about park bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other bookable Facilities
Environmental Education Centre for the Okanagan - Lower level area has a meeting room that can be booked by not-for-profit groups. Email email@example.com.
Gibson Heritage House - Located at Kopje Regional Park, this house, built by George Gibson, has been restored and refurnished by community donation. Open for free tours each Sunday during July and August from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm. Carrs Landing Road in Lake Country.
Joe Rich Community Hall (booking through Joe Rich Ratepayers and Tenants Society) - available for weddings, family reunions, meetings and other community functions. The main hall seats 120 people banquet style and has a fully equipped kitchen. There is also a meeting room upstairs which comfortably seats 20.
Ellison Community Hall (booking through Ellison Parks and Recreation Society) - The renovated hall is available for weddings, meetings and other community events. Old Vernon Road in Ellison.
Killiney Beach Community Hall (booking through North Westside Communities Association) - Available for weddings, family reunions, meetings and other community functions. The main hall seats 100 people banquet style and has a fully equipped kitchen. There is also a meeting room in the adjacent Annex/Library building which comfortably seats 15-20.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events