The EECO (pronounced ee-COH) will be closed for renovations from Thursday, September 26th through early 2020. During this time, no public bookings will be accepted for the facility. The weekly Story Time and Nature Power Hour program will continue to be offered at the facility during construction.
The facility is located in Mission Creek Regional Park (Springfield and Durnin Roads), it is just steps away from trails, a playground, and the Mission Creek Greenway.
- Tuesday through Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (10:00 am - 3:00 pm November to March). Closed Mondays and some statutory holidays
- Closed for renovations September 26th to early 2020.
- ‘Fins and Fur’ – Learn about the land-locked salmon of Okanagan Lake and the black bears that search for them in the fall. August - September 25th
Things to Do
- Discovery Backpacks - Sign out a Discovery Backpack! Choose your adventure: Eco-walk, Mini Beasts, Go Birding, Rock On with Geology, Something’s Fishy, or Pond Study. Each bag will help you discover more at Mission Creek Regional Park. Suggested $2 donation.
- Story Time - This hour-long program is for 3-5 year olds and their caregivers. Young ones are kept active, engaged with nature-based stories, songs, and crafts. This free program runs October through December on Tuesdays at 10:30am
School and Public Programs
Calendar of Events has an up-to-date calendar view of Regional District programs and events.
Directions to the EECO
Take Springfield Road and turn into Mission Creek Regional Park at the Durnin Road intersection.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events