The EECO (pronounced ee-COH) is closed for renovations through early 2020. No public bookings are being accepted for the facility. The weekly Story Time and Nature Power Hour program will continue to be offered at the facility during construction.
Celebrate the EECO Reopening and Winter Fun! Saturday, January 25 12:00 - 3:00 pm
- The whole family is invited to discover the new exhibit in the renovated EECO, then bundle up and head outside into Mission Creek Regional Park for winter activites (tobagganing, snowman making, marshmallow roasting and sipping on hot chocolate - please bring your own mug to reduce waste) At 1:30 join a park interpreter for a special, guided hike in the park. All free, no registration required.
The facility is located in Mission Creek Regional Park (Springfield and Durnin Roads), it is just steps away from trails, a playground, and the Mission Creek Greenway.
- EECO is closed for renovations September 26th to early 2020 (regular programming will still be offered)
- Post renovations in 2020:
Tuesday through Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (10:00 am - 3:00 pm November to March). Closed Mondays and some statutory holidays
Things to Do
- Discovery Backpacks - Sign out a Discovery Backpack! Choose your adventure: Eco-walk, Mini Beasts, Go Birding, Rock On with Geology, Something’s Fishy, or Pond Study. Each bag will help you discover more at Mission Creek Regional Park. To sign out a backpack email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for pickup at the EECO Suggested $2 donation.
- Story Time - This hour-long program is for 3-5 year olds and their caregivers and features nature-based stories, songs, and crafts.
- During renovation at the EECO this free program runs October through December 17th on Tuesdays at 10:30am in the downstairs meeting area.
School and Public Programs
Calendar of Events has an up-to-date calendar view of Regional District programs and events.
Directions to the EECO
Take Springfield Road and turn into Mission Creek Regional Park at the Durnin Road intersection.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events