The EECO (pronounced ee-COH) will be closed for renovations from Thursday, September 26th through early 2020. During this time, no public bookings will be accepted for the facility. The weekly Story Time and Nature Power Hour program will continue to be offered at the facility during construction.
The facility is located in Mission Creek Regional Park (Springfield and Durnin Roads), it is just steps away from trails, a playground, and the Mission Creek Greenway.
- EECO is closed for renovations September 26th to early 2020 (regular programming will still be offered)
- Post renovations in 2020:
Tuesday through Sunday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (10:00 am - 3:00 pm November to March). Closed Mondays and some statutory holidays
Things to Do
- Discovery Backpacks - Sign out a Discovery Backpack! Choose your adventure: Eco-walk, Mini Beasts, Go Birding, Rock On with Geology, Something’s Fishy, or Pond Study. Each bag will help you discover more at Mission Creek Regional Park. To sign out a backpack email email@example.com to arrange for pickup at the EECO Suggested $2 donation.
- Story Time - This hour-long program is for 3-5 year olds and their caregivers and features nature-based stories, songs, and crafts.
- During renovation at the EECO this free program runs October through December 17th on Tuesdays at 10:30am in the downstairs meeting area.
- Nature Power Hour - Delve deep into the world of local wildlife with these interactive sessions that features a new topic each month with this free program!
- Saturdays from October through December from 11:00am to 12:00pm. Meet at the plaza outside the EECO. (call 250 469-6140 to register)
School and Public Programs
Calendar of Events has an up-to-date calendar view of Regional District programs and events.
Directions to the EECO
Take Springfield Road and turn into Mission Creek Regional Park at the Durnin Road intersection.
I would like to receive more information about Regional Parks & Events