The Wilson's Landing community is a rural area within the unincorporated Central Okanagan West Electoral Area. The Fire Protection District extends north along Westside Road from Traders Cove to Shelter Cove. (Fire Protection Area Map)
There are approximately 175 homes/cottages with an estimated 500 residents during the summer. The community also includes a major destination resort, Lake Okanagan Resort as well as a church camp and Girl Guides camp.
The forest makeup throughout the area is mostly Ponderosa pine as well as Douglas fir.
Administration office – Station 42 – 2396 Westside Road North
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Practice - Monday evening 6:30 - 9:00 pm (More Information)
Apparatus and Equipment
- Effective July 22nd - Ronaye Beck has been appointed the new Chief of the department - View News Release
- Effective July 1st a new Acting Chief is leading the department. Ronaye Beck has been Deputy Chief since mid-2017 and takes over for the retiring Don Bennison who has served as Chief since late June 2017. View News Release
- First Medical Response program started on April 1st, 2019. A Community Open House was held that evening to celebrate the introduction of this new service. Here are links to a Global Okanagan story on the evening event and new program and a link to the CBC Daybreak interview on the new service.
Outdoor Open Burning
The outdoor burning season is regulated in the Central Okanagan East and Central Okanagan West Electoral Areas in part by the Regional Fire Prevention and Regulations Bylaw No. 1066 and the Smoke Control Bylaw No. 773. Member municipal governments have similar regulations, which empower local fire chiefs to determine the open burning season.
- Depending on the fire hazard, season normally runs October 1st to April 30th throughout the Central Okanagan.
- Only eligible property owners with a permit from their local fire authority will be allowed to burn after phoning the Open Burning Hotline 1-855-262-2876 which will tell them whether venting and air quality permit burning that day. On a day that burning is allowed, it's recommended burning begin later in the morning, as venting conditions are usually better after 10:00 am.
- Here are the active Burn Permits issued by the Regional District for property owners within the Ellison, Joe Rich, North Westside and Wilson's Landing Fire Protection areas (updated monthly during outdoor burning season)
Current Open Burning Status - Open Burning Season For 2018- 2019 Begins October 1st - View News Release
Residents with a valid permit are required to check the air quality conditions on the day that they want to burn. Conditions are updated daily at approximately 8:00 am. The conditions can also be accessed by calling 1-855-262-BURN (2876).