Regional Dog Pound Facility
Located at 890 Weddell Place in Kelowna (between Richter Street and Gordon Drive) -Link to Map
The phone number is (250) 469-6284 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The pound is open Monday thru Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Closed between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.)
Is your dog missing? Have you found a stray dog?
Contact the dog pound at (250) 469-6284.
If you are calling after hours please leave your name, number, a description of your dog, and the location it went missing from on the pound voice mail. As a follow up, you should also contact the pound again during regular business hours to ensure your message was received. In addition, you should contact the Kelowna SPCA at 250-861-7722 in case your dog was taken to their shelter.
If you have found a dog, please contact the pound staff at (250) 469-6284. If reporting after hours, please leave your name, phone number, a description of the dog and your location. You may also wish to use our after hours kennel drop off. Please place the dog inside the kennel and close the outside lock.
Has your dog been impounded?
Please contact the Regional Dog Pound at (250) 469-6284 BEFORE coming in to claim your dog. There may be fees associated with re-claiming your dog and the pound staff can inform you of the amount over the phone thus saving you a second trip to the facility.
1. For dogs other than dangerous dogs or aggressive dogs, an impounding fees are:
- Unlicensed dog - $25.00 for the first impoundment,
- Licensed dog - 'No Charge' for first impoundment,
- $100.00 for the second impoundment,
- $250.00 for the third impoundment,
- increasing $300.00 more for each subsequent impoundment
- plus applicable licence fees and an additional $300.00 fee (effective January 1, 2014) if the dog is not licensed.
2. For dangerous dogs impoundment fees are:
- $500.00 for the first impoundment,
- $2,000.00 for the second impoundment and
- $3,000.00 for the third
- increasing $1,000.00 more for each subsequent impoundments
- plus applicable licence fees and an additional fee outlined in sections 4 and 5 of this Schedule if the dog is not licensed.
3. For aggressive dogs impoundment fees are:
- $250.00 for the first impoundment,
- $500.00 for the second impoundment,
- $750.00 for the third impoundment and
- increasing $250.00 more for each subsequent impoundment
- plus applicable licence fees and an additional fee outlined in sections 4 and 5 of this Schedule
4. The additional fee for a dog that is currently licensed shall be the same amount as the ticket offence for No Dog License as described in Ticket Utilization Bylaw No. 435 or Bylaw Notice Enforcement Bylaw No. 1326..
5. A maintenance fee of $20.00 per overnight detention.
6. Where a dog, other than a Dangerous dog or an Aggressive dog, is not impounded or the subject of a conviction under the Dog Regulation and Impounding Bylaw for a period of 24 months, the impoundment fees will be charged on the basis that the dog has no impoundment record.
7. Where a dog is adopted to a new owner, the new owner will not be responsible to pay the impound fees generated by the dogs impound record prior to adopting the dog.